Claim your tax refund

Get your free no obligation claim pack

This FREE tax rebate estimate is provided by Online Tax Rebates, part of Uniform Benefits – a service dedicated to saving you time and money.

MOD Tax Rebate Claims

You could be owed a £2,500 tax refund for your travel expenses. Bases outside the UK are included, and you might also be able to claim for Mess Dress.

This is a complex claim and we’ve heard reports of some claims being rejected when submitted by inexperienced advisors. For that reason we would like to refer you to our expert partners who have obtained confirmation on the validity of claims both from HMRC and the MOD so you can have peace of mind that your refund is yours to keep when you receive it.

If you complete the form below our partners will be in touch shortly about your free without obligation assessment.

Have you completed Phase 1 Training?

Have you been posted to a base for 2 years or less? (Excluding tours)

Did you use your own vehicle or public transport to get to those bases?

Based on the information you provided above, you won't be able to make a claim at this time.

Based on a sample of past refunds we have obtained matching the details you have provided:

Largest refund received: £-

Average refund received: £-


Total claims


Successful claims

< 2

Minutes to claim

Each tax year will be recalculated if you enter a claim. This often identifies other overpayments due to incorrect tax codes, multiple employments, ceasing of job, etc. In these cases we can identify a much larger tax rebate. We regularly identify rebates of over £1,000 for customers who were originally estimated a lower amount.

If you claim now you will receive tax relief for the current tax year and future years that allowances continue to apply, paid through your monthly pay. The value of this is usually £{{ App.CustomerClaim.AnnualRefund }} per year.

You don’t need to make any upfront payment to us in order for us to check if you are due a rebate.

We will ensure that your current year reliefs are correct and that your future year allowances are adjusted in line with the current year to ensure you are no longer being overtaxed. There will be no charge for this service.

The annual saving of £{{ App.CustomerClaim.AnnualRefund }} per year for the current and future years will not be subject to charge. You will receive this automatically in your pay once your tax code has been adjusted.

We will also check the earlier years to determine if you can claim back any previously overpaid tax. HMRC will pay any rebate due directly to us and we will forward payment to you, in due course, net of our deductions of 28%, plus VAT, where due, providing the net refund payment is £20 or more.

We will issue your refund through our Uniform Benefits payment card which you can withdraw cash on at a cashpoint or spend in shops or online like a normal debit card. If you use your card at selected retailers you can also earn additional cashback to continue to spend.

MOD Claim | About you

Select the tax years when you were employed in the specified sector
Do you or your accountant already prepare a self-assessment tax return?

Are you currently married or in a civil partnership?

As you are not UK resident we will need to refer your claim to our specialist partners who will be able to assess & process your claim. When you click 'Next >' below, we will forward your details and a specialist advisor will be in touch shortly.

Thank you

Thanks for showing an interest in claiming your tax rebate.

We have passed your details to our partner,

Self Assessment Taxpayers

You could have overpaid tax by £{{ App.CustomerClaim.EstimatedClaim }} if the tax relief you listed was not claimed on your earlier returns.

As you are already within self assessment we would like to send you details of a highly competitive self assessment service from one of our expert partners. They can correct omissions in your earlier tax returns and ensure your annual returns are submitted on time every year, saving you a lot of stress and making sure you only pay the tax you need to.

Going forward the correct allowances applied to each annual return could save you £{{ App.CustomerClaim.AnnualRefund }} per year.

If you complete the form below our partners will be in touch shortly about your free without obligation assessment.

About you

Thank you

Thanks for showing an interest in claiming your tax rebate.

We have passed your details to our partner, Rift Group

Please sign in the box below using your finger or your mouse

Thank you

Thanks for showing an interest in claiming your tax rebate.

We have passed your details to our partner, Thandi Nicholls Limited Chartered Accountants

Confirm your details

About your last 3 jobs

Enter details of your last 3 jobs in the past 5 years.

Job Title
Started (MM/YY)
Finished (MM/YY)
Wore a uniform?

Final Details

In order to process your claim we will need your National Insurance Number and your phone number.
National Insurance Number (eg AA 123456 B)

Thanks! You have completed your claim

Your unique claim reference is ZHW{{ App.CustomerClaim.ClaimId }}

Please make a note of this reference or print this page as you will need your claim number if you return later to download your claim documents.

You will have been sent an email to confirm your documents have been generated, but for security reasons we do not send your documents by email.

Your claim documents will be automatically sent to you by post. You should receive them within 2 weeks.

In order to progress your claim you MUST complete the ALL the documents we send you and post them as described on the checklist you will receive. Failure to return the documents relating to your claim will result in your claim not being processed.

Quick Estimate - Find out how much you could get

What our customers are saying

Which healthcare workers could claim a tax rebate?

Anybody that works in the NHS or for a private healthcare provider could be due a tax refund for expenses from their job, including nurses, midwives, and paramedics. This can be down to wearing a uniform at work, paying registration fees such as to the NMC, HCPC or GPhC, or membership fees from the RCN or Unison.

Thousands of workers in the healthcare sector miss out every year because they have failed to claim the tax relief they are entitled to claim from HMRC, which can add up to hundreds of pounds over the years for each person!

Frequently discussed subjects

  • Employees in the healthcare sector are particularly likely to be overpaying tax on their income. This is true of employees both in the NHS and in the private sector. Healthcare Worker Tax Rebate is a service dedicated to claiming tax back for valued healthcare workers.
  • It's really easy to claim your Healthcare Worker Tax Rebate. Just enter a few details through the website and we'll send you your claim forms through the post with a prepaid envelope. We'll then lodge your claim with HMRC and send you your tax refund payment.
  • According to our statistics most workers in the NHS are entitled to some sort of tax refund that they have't yet claimed. We estimate that NHS workers could be owed over £100,000,000 in tax by HMRC.
  • No, all of the reliefs available to NHS workers are also available to workers in the private sector. If you work in private healthcare in any capacity you are just as likely to be entitled to a tax refund.
  • As a part of your claim we will also check if you are entitled to uniform tax relief. This is exactly as if you put in a uniform tax rebate claim.
  • Nurses can typically claim for uniform allowance, shoes and tights, NMC subscriptions, RCN subscriptions and subscriptions to any other specialist nursing body such as the Association of British Paediatric Nurses, the UK MS Specialist Nurses Association and the Neonatal Nurses Association.
  • Midwives can also claim uniform tax, tights, socks, shoes and NMC subscriptions. They can also claim for RCM subscriptions and subscriptions to other organisations such as the Association of Radical Midwives.
  • Ambulance staff of all types have the highest uniform tax rate in the healthcare sector. They can also claim for subscriptions to the HCPC.
  • If you pay an annual registration fee to the HCPC you can claim tax back on the cost. This covers all workers who pay subscriptions to the Health and Care Professions Council regardless of job title.
  • If you work in healthcare you can usually claim tax back on your subsciptions to the Unision union. As a general rule this only applies to workers in a direct healthcare setting and not, for example, administrators in the NHS.
  • Most workers in the the healthcare sector, particularly those who wear a uniform are entitled to some sort of tax refund from HMRC. We can give you a quick estimate of the amount and help you claim.

Customer Testimonials

Click On An Image To Find Out More

Get in touch with us

See how much we've claimed on behalf of workers just like you


Total claims


Successful claims