Claim your tax refund

Get your free no obligation claim pack

This FREE tax rebate estimate is provided by Online Tax Rebates, part of Uniform Benefits – a service dedicated to saving you time and money.

MOD Tax Rebate Claims

You could be owed a £2,500 tax refund for your travel expenses. Bases outside the UK are included, and you might also be able to claim for Mess Dress.

This is a complex claim and we’ve heard reports of some claims being rejected when submitted by inexperienced advisors. For that reason we would like to refer you to our expert partners who have obtained confirmation on the validity of claims both from HMRC and the MOD so you can have peace of mind that your refund is yours to keep when you receive it.

If you complete the form below our partners will be in touch shortly about your free without obligation assessment.

Have you completed Phase 1 Training?

Have you been posted to a base for 2 years or less? (Excluding tours)

Did you use your own vehicle or public transport to get to those bases?

Based on the information you provided above, you won't be able to make a claim at this time.

Based on a sample of past refunds we have obtained matching the details you have provided:

Largest refund received: £-

Average refund received: £-


Total claims


Successful claims

< 2

Minutes to claim

Each tax year will be recalculated if you enter a claim. This often identifies other overpayments due to incorrect tax codes, multiple employments, ceasing of job, etc. In these cases we can identify a much larger tax rebate. We regularly identify rebates of over £1,000 for customers who were originally estimated a lower amount.

If you claim now you will receive tax relief for the current tax year and future years that allowances continue to apply, paid through your monthly pay. The value of this is usually £{{ App.CustomerClaim.AnnualRefund }} per year.

You don’t need to make any upfront payment to us in order for us to check if you are due a rebate.

We will ensure that your current year reliefs are correct and that your future year allowances are adjusted in line with the current year to ensure you are no longer being overtaxed. There will be no charge for this service.

The annual saving of £{{ App.CustomerClaim.AnnualRefund }} per year for the current and future years will not be subject to charge. You will receive this automatically in your pay once your tax code has been adjusted.

We will also check the earlier years to determine if you can claim back any previously overpaid tax. HMRC will pay any rebate due directly to us and we will forward payment to you, in due course, net of our deductions of 28%, plus VAT, where due, providing the net refund payment is £20 or more.

We will issue your refund through our Uniform Benefits payment card which you can withdraw cash on at a cashpoint or spend in shops or online like a normal debit card. If you use your card at selected retailers you can also earn additional cashback to continue to spend.

MOD Claim | About you

Select the tax years when you were employed in the specified sector
Do you or your accountant already prepare a self-assessment tax return?

Are you currently married or in a civil partnership?

As you are not UK resident we will need to refer your claim to our specialist partners who will be able to assess & process your claim. When you click 'Next >' below, we will forward your details and a specialist advisor will be in touch shortly.

Thank you

Thanks for showing an interest in claiming your tax rebate.

We have passed your details to our partner,

Self Assessment Taxpayers

You could have overpaid tax by £{{ App.CustomerClaim.EstimatedClaim }} if the tax relief you listed was not claimed on your earlier returns.

As you are already within self assessment we would like to send you details of a highly competitive self assessment service from one of our expert partners. They can correct omissions in your earlier tax returns and ensure your annual returns are submitted on time every year, saving you a lot of stress and making sure you only pay the tax you need to.

Going forward the correct allowances applied to each annual return could save you £{{ App.CustomerClaim.AnnualRefund }} per year.

If you complete the form below our partners will be in touch shortly about your free without obligation assessment.

About you

Thank you

Thanks for showing an interest in claiming your tax rebate.

We have passed your details to our partner, Rift Group

Confirm your details

Final Details

In order to process your claim we will need your National Insurance Number and your phone number

Save money on your energy bills

You qualify to join our Energy Club. This gives you special access to exclusive energy deals from the big energy companies that aren't available on the open market, so you could SAVE UP TO £537 on your energy bills.

Would you like to register for free, with no obligation? We’ll send you further details by email.

Thank you

Thanks for showing an interest in claiming your tax rebate.

We have passed your details to our partner, Rift Group

Your current gas deal

Your current electricty deal

Thanks! You have completed your claim

Your unique claim reference is ZHW{{ App.CustomerClaim.ClaimId }}

Please make a note of this reference or print this page as you will need your claim number if you return later to download your claim documents.

You will have been sent an email to confirm your documents have been generated, but for security reasons we do not send your documents by email.

Your claim documents will be automatically sent to you by post. You should receive them within 2 weeks.

In order to progress your claim you MUST complete the ALL the documents we send you and post them as described on the checklist you will receive. Failure to return the documents relating to your claim will result in your claim not being processed.

Healthcare Worker Tax Rebate - NHS workers owed £100,000,000 in tax


The National Health Service employs over a million people to keep care for the sick, elderly and disabled. Since 2011 Healthcare Worker Tax Rebate have helped 161,000 Healthcare staff to claim back more than £22 million in tax relief. That leaves an enormous amount of people who are potentially missing out. In a recent survey compiled by the Nursing and Midwife Council (NMC), over 70% of nurses reported that they had not claimed back money they were entitled to. But it's not just nurses who could be saving money. Estimates suggest that all together NHS employees could be owed £100,000,000 in overpaid tax. It's important to make the most of every perk found in our workplaces – especially when that workplace brings rewarding challenges that centre around looking after and helping others!

The 4 risk factors we have identified which could mean you are overpaying tax are as follows:

1. You pay an annual registration to a government regulator

Workers who are required to frequently pay a fee to government organisations which independently regulate some NHS workers, such as the NMC, can claim back this payment that is essential maintaining standards in their occupation. This includes those registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC), General Dental Council (GDC), General Medical Council (GMC), and the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC). So whether you're a dentist, pharmacist, doctor, or working in one of the 16 occupations overseen by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), you can make a claim for your registration bill.

 2. You're a member of major union or professional organisation

Workers who subscribe to a relevant union or professional association may qualify for tax relief. Unions include the British Medical Association (BMA), Royal College of Nursing (RCN), Royal College of Midwives (RCM) and UNISON.

 3. You wear a uniform at work

All NHS staff who are required to wear uniform that must be washed at a temperature of over 60° to comply with infection control guidelines, are entitled to tax relief if they are responsible for washing their own uniform.

4. You're a member of a specialist professional organisation

Finally, those registered to smaller, more specialised organisations related to their field of work also qualify. This includes staff registered to the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS), The Society of Radiographers (SoR), Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC), British Dietetic Association (BDA), Institute of Chiropodists and Podiatrists (IOCP), British Association of Social Workers (BASW), Care Council for Wales, General Dental Council (GDC), British Dental Association (BDA), and the Association of Medical Secretaries, Practice Administrators and Receptionists (AMSPAR). Doctors and Surgeons registered to Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP), Royal College of Physicians of London (RCP), Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh (RCPE), Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (RCSEd),

Royal College of Pathologists (RCPath), Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (SCTS), and the British Association of Urological Surgeons (BAUS) can make a claim. Nurses and midwives registered to the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), Association of British Paediatric Nurses (ABPN), Association of Occupational Health Nurse Practitioners (AOHP), UK MS Specialist Nurses Association (UKMSSNA), Neonatal Nurses Association (NNA), or the Association of Radical Midwives (ARM) can make a claim. Pharmacy and therapy specialists registered to General Pharmaceutical Council (GphC), Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS), Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP), Acupuncture Association of Chartered Physiotherapists (AACP), Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Sports Medicine (ACPSM), General Chiropractic Council (GCC), United Chiropractic Association (UCA), Association of Reflexologists (AoR), British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), or British Psychological Society (BPS) are also eligible to claim back some of their hard earned cash!

How to claim

If any of the above apply there is a good chance that you are owed some tax. If you fill use the tool below you can get a quick estimate of how much you are due.


Quick Estimate - Find out how much you could get

Customer Testimonials

Click On An Image To Find Out More