Terms & Conditions
Material contained in the HWTR web site is for general information and guidance purposes only. Any information found on the HWTR web site is subject to change without notice.
While all reasonable care is taken by HWTR to ensure that the content of the HWTR web site is accurate and up to date, material on the HWTR web site is provided without any warranties of any kind, either express or implied. To the full extent permitted by law, HWTR accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage which may occur, resulting from the use of any material obtained from the HWTR web site
HWTR will not be held responsible for any underpayment of tax that arises from any attempt to try and reclaim any tax from HMR&C.
HWTR is not responsible for the refund of tax where:
- the customer has provided information which is false, inaccurate, incorrect, insufficient or misleading in any way;
- the customer has already received a refund;
- the customer has already applied for a refund, either directly or through another person, natural or legal;
- the customer owes money to the tax authority.
- the tax authority has different information on its system than that provided by the customer
- the tax authority information leads to a decision that the customer is not due a refund. Where there is a possible case for appeal within the law, such measures will be the responsibility of the customer, however HWTR will provide a refund of fees charged per claim up to the extent of the loss
HWTR will receive refunds from HMR&C on the behalf of the customer and deduct charges in accordance with those quoted on the website prior to making a refund by cheque.
Standard pricing is a £10 processing fee per cheque issued plus a commission charge of 20% inclusive of any VAT due of any refund HWTR receives from HMR&C, for whatever reason a refund may arise, not exclusive to those relating to employment expenses.
HWTR reserves the right not to contact unsuccessful claimants.
The obilgation to chase any refund in progress with HMR&C remains with the customer.
Where refunds remain unclaimed for more than a year HWTR will charge a £25 holding fee, annually, against funds not claimed, on the anniversary of the date of issue of the original settlement cheque to client.
By using this Site, you signify your awareness of these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to this statement, please do not use our Site. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from this statement at any time so visitors are encouraged to review this statement from time to time. Your continued use of our Site following the posting of changes to these terms means you are aware of these changes.